BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Goodbye, for now

They say the sweetest winds blow across the south
In a way I agree with this.
Everytime I'm broken down, I find a place to fall
Beneath the old oak by the pond.
There is hidden treasure in the faces of home
Comfort, and leisure, and a pillow to bone.
But I can't stay here forever
I feel I will waste away
Like a fruit rotting on the ground.
I know you don't understand
And I know you don't agree
But please, before I go
Hold me close and kiss my head and show me your eyes.
Let me hear your laugh
And let me see your smile.
I want to tuck the memory as deeply as I can
For one day I will need it when I'm in the shadow lands.
Don't forget me
Some were born with roots
And some were born with none
I wish I was like you
But in another way I don't.
Because if I was I would never see a thing
Half of my heart would be hanging on the stars.
Just because I like to move
Doesn't mean that I don't care
Doesn't mean I won't take you with me.
Doesn't mean that I am running.
Doesn't mean that I am lost.
But how could you understand that
When you're fine where you're at?
Come with me and I'll buy you a gift
On you I'll spend my last dime.
Let our words be few and our feet be swift
Because I don't have much time.

0 comments: