BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Raw Version

These are lyrics to a song inpired by the arctic that I just finished. (I think). I wrote it after having been here about three weeks and I thought I was done. I have written quite a few things since I've been here, but I kept coming back to this one because it was interesting to revisit the feelings of shock and newness that I initially felt after having just arrived. I used it as a sort of way to measure my own personal growth and such.
A few days ago I listened to it again and decided that it was not really finished. I needed to add my current perspective in order to give the song the evolution that it deserved. So, the first half remains what I initially wrote and the second half is now.

Raw Version


White.
Horizon blurs with a billion shades of white.
Cry.
I'm missing someone and I don't remember why.

A raw version of myself,
Skin and bone against the grate.
A raw version of myself,
I feel the animal
The animal awakes.

Strip me clean of everything I know
Shove my fingers deep inside my coat.
I'm truly on my own
A strange feeling keeps me up at night
I grope for shadows
Somewhere in this light.

A raw version of myself
Claw my arm to keep me warm
A raw version of myself
I could die, or is it I could be reborn?

Go for a walk
There's no one to walk with me
But the sky does make great company
The sun my clemency.
I feel the pieces settle again inside
All the silence leaves me no where to hide
And now I know I've been living blind.

A raw version of myself
I feel innocent and pure.
A raw verson of myself
It's who I really am
And who I was before.

0 comments: