BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Where's When I Was Young and I Didn't Give a Damn

My three vices are nail polish, food, and itunes. Not in that order. However, I have been stuck in a bit of a rut lately with my music purchasing. The only thing I seem to be interested in listening to is Brandi Carlile ("The Story") and The Avett Brothers ("I and Love and You"). I love it, okay? However, I am finally getting a little burned out and to go with my fresh start I want to get fresh with some new bands. I need music that will get me motivated, help me to forget, and occasionally to let me sulk.

While listening to pandora.com one day, (I would streamline pandora through my veins if I could) I heard a song that took me waaay back to 8th grade. That's right. Ode to My Family, by the Cranberries. I forgot how much I used to love them and now I have been lusting for their ethereal sounds. When I was about 14 years old, I was a HUGE fan of Ms. Delores with her throaty, lovely brogue. In fact, she may of helped teach me how to sing. She could sing a song about monkey poop and make it sound mysterious. They have a double disc greatest hits and I think this will be my first purchase. Suggestions...?

0 comments: