BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

Indifference

To you it's just a word with four letters
To you it is only flesh and chemicals
To you it is simply something that happened to you

Indifference is laziness
Indifference is hate

I thought you were someone else.

Just do me a favor.
Do not continue to blame others.
You lock your heart inside your bedroom
While love stands outside crying.

I cannot live in a time capsule
I cannot sit on a strand
I cannot wait
For you to finally decide
That I'm important enough
To be in your life.

Indifference lets things die.
Indifference stares blankly at a perfect sky.

I thought you were someone else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That leaves a sting but you're right. I've totally been there, girl. Indifference is a horrible emotion. It can hurt others while the person doing it feels nothing. It's pure selfishness. What's sad is we're often mistaken to believe that there is something underneath it when there's really nothing there, they just honestly could give two shits.

sleepy jean said...

You got it. Indifference is what allowed the Holocaust. That is a really dramatic example, but true nonetheless.