BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The wonder of faces

It’s amazing to me how many hundreds or thousands of people that we meet in life. We see them come and watch them go. We brush shoulders with them at work, or on the street, or in the grocery store. Sometimes their faces become familiar to us, like a part of the scenery in our day. Other faces we never see again. Out of all these beautiful people we meet, at least in my experience, there are only a select few who seem to resonate with our soul/heart. There are some people that when we see their face there is something intrinsicly familiar about them. A part of us seems to know that we want them in our life. This has happened to me with every close friendship and relationship in my life.There was one instance in particular in my experience where I was simply walking along happy in my solitude, just a plain and regular day, and I saw this person’s face for the first time and literally stopped in my tracks. It was so weird. It was as if my heart was saying "stop. you know this one."

We possess an amazing inner radar. There are some people that I could talk to and talk to...just surface conversation all day long. They are nice and polite and I am nice and polite. This exchange could go on for weeks and even years but that’s all there is. Then there are others who I have talked to for thirty minutes and I felt like they had given me a piece of themselves or vice versa. My closest friends and I could go months without even speaking to one another and then when we speak again it’s as if no time has even gone by. There is one person that I knew for a month and felt so well understood by them that it was as if I had known them my whole life. I completely fell in love with them. I also felt as if I somehow "knew" this person although by all "logical" standards I didn’t know them at all.

There are some people that when they hug us or smile at us there is a sense of peace and comfort. It’s just an instinctual and automatic thing. Perhaps it is because these people are like us in some way and we just sense that about them. Or perhaps they are not like us in a lot of ways, but there is something that they must teach us, some gift that this person out of all other people must give to us. Or perhaps there is some gift that we sense we must give to them.We are so lucky and blessed to have the opportunity to love and learn from one another. There is this simple quote I heard a long time ago that says "friends are God’s way of caring for us." I like that one.

0 comments: