BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 3, 2008

My non-bucket bucket list

I had an idea the other night (or shall I say twilight) while I was tossing and turning and getting no sleep. (Hey...who said insomnia didn't have it’s advantages?) It’s kind of based on a dream that I had about my best friend Sara. The details of the dream are relatively important. I don't remember much except that I came to see her and when I arrived at her house she met me at the door with this medieval looking scroll. (Is Sara my subconscious Yoda? Ha.) On the scroll she had a list of things that I needed to do before I was allowed to go back home. She did a very good job writing it (or I did...whatever) The point was to take risks and expand my horizons more. (This is lovely. I am SO in need of a little rebellion.) I don't remember everything she listed in the dream. I only remember two things she listed.

1.) Ride the Tilt-A-Whirl five times straight. (Yikes!)
2.) Build a sand castle

Anyway...I think it would be so much fun to actually do this! I am working on my own list now as well as taking suggestions. I will post the suggestions as I receive them. When I finish all the tasks I will post it (with pictures for proof) I would also like some ideas from you! The only rules are that they must be reasonable and they must things that I will actually be able to complete by December 31. (Keep in mind also that I am PO..and I don't mean poor, I mean PO.) Please help, and be creative! The more creative the better. (At least I think so...ah...what am I getting myself in to?) I’ll love you forever.

Upon sharing this idea with a few people I found out that it is similar to the movie "The Bucket List." I have never actually seen the movie (I'll have to now, of course.) Anyway, it's not quite the same thing. It is simply me being random and crazy. I proclaimed this to be my year of self-discovery and I may be getting way more than I bargained for. Tee-hee.

Here are some other additions I received today:
3. Slash in a fountain
4. Break a rule, any rule
5. Swing at a park
6. Run in any marathon
7. Do five cartwheels (Yikes!)
8. Dance in the rain
9. Get ten strangers to hug you and pat you on the head
10. Sing and play on the street corner for money.
11. Join a talent show
12. Eat lobster (Okay...so there is nothing strange about this...but if you knew how much I loathe seafood you would understand. Can we say giant bugs?)
13. Take a random class at the y or some place like that (I think I'll try sewing!)
14.) Be a people statue in the city. Stand really still until someone walks by and keep a tally of how many people you scare. (sounds fun!)

4 comments:

KC said...

Yay!!!!!

KC said...

To add to the list - Take a fun class somewhere like the park district or something.

Oh - in honor of you joining - I am going to dedicate the Friday Song to you tomorrow. I am going to have some good fun finding the perfect song for you tonight!

Hearts.

sleepy jean said...

Yay! I'm excited! Thank you.
Hearts back.

becky said...

Hi! Welcome to the blogosphere :) Awesome ring pop picture of you and KC on her page!

I think you should pretend to be one of those statue people who stand really still on the streets in the city. You should randomly jump out and scare people who aren't paying much attention. (Those people are usually me - I always think the statue people are real, and I jump every time I see one of them move.) You should keep a tally.

I'm right with you on the giant bugs thing with lobster. Red Lobster commercials always make it look so yummy and buttery... but it's really creepy. Not a huge seafood fan, either.