BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Push Pops for me Please!

I hate being an adult. I hate paying bills, worrying about carbs, worrying about my car and other maintenance issues, going to work and being nice to people I don't like, curbing what I say to make sure it's always appropriate, and worrying about what extremity of mine may next become arthritic. I miss singing as loud as I want wherever I want with absolutely no regard to who was listening.

I want to eat as many bomb pops as I want. I miss when the summer felt like years long and a day actually felt like a day. I miss not wanting to go to sleep because I didn't want the day to end and waking up way too early because I was excited for the next day to begin. I miss being silly and saying whatever I want because I have and excuse..."I don't know any better." I miss all of my fears being curbed with a simple kiss on the forehead. I miss laughing a hundred times a day and thinking everything was safe and fun. When you're little you think that being an adult is just sort of something that happens one day. But then you become one and realize that you don't feel like one at all. I don't want to be 27. I want to be 5. Word.

Yes, change is the nature of the world right? If everything stayed exactly the same, nothing would ever grow. Seeds wouldn't become flowers...blah blah blah. I'm gonna go eat my low-fat fudge bar and shut up now......

0 comments: